LaGrange lotto winner pockets $20k | News
LAGRANGE, GA - A winning Georgia Lottery ticket worth thousands was sold in LaGrange.
B & D Food Store, located at 801 Whitesville St. in LaGrange, sold a winning ticket worth $20,000 from the instant game $20,000 Jacksons.
The winner, Marvin Laye of LaGrange, claimed his prize Monday at the Georgia Lottery’s District Office in Columbus.
Since its first year, the Georgia Lottery Corp. has returned more than $14 billion to the state of Georgia for education. All Georgia Lottery profits go to pay for specific educational programs, including Georgia’s HOPE Scholarship Program and Georgia’s Pre-K Program. More than 1.4 million students have received HOPE, and more than 1.2 million 4-year-olds have attended the statewide, voluntary prekindergarten program.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man scratches lofty $500K prize in West Point
- Two people found dead in Valley, Ala. home identified
- Authorities save Valley suspect from drowning in Chattahoochee River
- Valley Police make arrest in rape case, teen suspect connected to other crimes
- West Point Police searching for 3 home invasion/robbery suspects