Hunger Games sequel "Catching Fire" filming in Georgia | News
(WTVM)- Ladies and gentlemen, let the 75th annual Hunger Games begin.
The film studio that is producing the much-anticipated sequel to this year's breakout hit has announced production for the Hunger Games: Catching Fire began this week in Georgia.
Filming for the first movie took place in North Carolina and brought $60 million to the state's economy.
Production for the sequel will take place in Atlanta and the surrounding areas. Filming will continue through the year and wrap in Hawaii.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is expected to hit theaters November 2013.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man scratches lofty $500K prize in West Point
- Two people found dead in Valley, Ala. home identified
- Authorities save Valley suspect from drowning in Chattahoochee River
- Valley Police make arrest in rape case, teen suspect connected to other crimes
- West Point Police searching for 3 home invasion/robbery suspects