LaGrange man busted with child pornography on computer | Crime
LAGRANGE, GA - LaGrange Police arrested a man with child pornography on his computer Thursday after a month long investigation.
The Department of Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force began an investigation in December offering trade for suspected child pornography via a peer to peer network.
The investigation found that the IP address originated on Briarcliff Rd. Then they found the address was issued to a Charter Communications Account held by Andrew Scott, age 28.
Officers served a search warrant around 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 24 at Andrew Scott's home and found images and videos of suspected child porn on his computer.
Scott was arrested and taken ot the Troup County Jail. He is charged with 14 counts of sexual exploitation of children by possessing child pornography.
If anyone has any additional information please contact LaGrange Police at 706-883-2603 or Troup County Crime Stoppers at 706-812-1000. You can also text an anonymous tip to 274637, keyword LAGRANGE.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man scratches lofty $500K prize in West Point
- Two people found dead in Valley, Ala. home identified
- Authorities save Valley suspect from drowning in Chattahoochee River
- Valley Police make arrest in rape case, teen suspect connected to other crimes
- West Point Police searching for 3 home invasion/robbery suspects