Troup County jailer brings weapon and synthetic marijuana to jail | Crime
TROUP COUNTY, GA - A Troup County jailer was arrested Tuesday for crossing the line.
Troup County Sheriff’s officials confirm that a jailer was arrested on Oct. 2 around lunch time for carrying a loaded weapon and synthetic marijuana over the guard line at the Troup County Jail.
Officials say he had more weapons in his vehicle in the jail parking lot. Ethan Frost was an officer who worked inside the jail since 2008.
Frost was arrested by Troup County Sheriff’s deputies but transferred and held at the Heard County Jail. He is charged with crossing the guard line with weapons and crossing the guard line with a controlled substance: adderall and synthetic marijuana.
He is now out on bond.
Officials say he is no longer employed with the Troup County Sheriff’s Office. They would not say specifically what type of weapons were found in his vehicle or how many.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man scratches lofty $500K prize in West Point
- Two people found dead in Valley, Ala. home identified
- Authorities save Valley suspect from drowning in Chattahoochee River
- Valley Police make arrest in rape case, teen suspect connected to other crimes
- West Point Police searching for 3 home invasion/robbery suspects